Saturday, January 8, 2022

Rabbit commission










I’m inventing my methods as I go. I’m sure this isn’t the only way to build a rabbit. My concerns are not having to go back to hollow out the form, and having enough time in each session to stay with the clay as it becomes drier. I start with pretty soft clay- to get nice contours on the forms- and as it dries, I can define the shape more- and it stays that way.  















I took some bulk off his upper body since he’s a wild rabbit. Also added the head/neck wrinkles for a better skin effect.  No bird. No tie.  Keeping him balanced in his hind feet was an issue- I had to keep going back to flatten the bottoms of his feet at the angle I wanted him.  He was soft enough as I built that he kept tilting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment